Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Irony

It's funny, but I just realized that I never thought myself to be a person of many opinions. I remember arguing with an ex-boyfriend years ago because he was frustrated with my lack of opinion after watching a movie. In fact even recently I remember discussing with Acturon that I generally either like a movie or don't like it.

So it's ironic that I am not only reviewing movies in this blog, but that I can also provide a variety of grading. That is, I chose not to use the simple Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down rating system, but to instead go with the more detailed Letter Grade system. So how is it that one can go from declaring a complete lack of opinion to actively posting varied, somewhat detailed opinions on the very topic they declared unable to do that with?

I guess that's the power of the internet. Somehow thoughts are easier to gather when no one's waiting to hear it. That little extra time to gather my thoughts must make all the difference. I suppose that ability to hide behind a pseudonym can accept some credit, but not much as my assumption is that most people who read this will know who I am in reality.

Anyway I just found the irony of it all the be an interesting little 'food for thought' and figured I'd share it.

3 comments:

  1. Lol... Too funny.. :) How you doin? Ever talk to Redrum anymore? :)

    -Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question is, does VampireR***r know who this is? :) lol

    -Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah Jay! Hi!!!!! Sorry I don't check this blog much anymore. Was just on here trying to get rid of some spammer comments when I saw your message. I have a gmail with the same name that I post with, btw. Not that I check that much either. >_> And no, I don't really talk to her too much anymore.

      Delete