Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bounty Hunter

This is one of the many "new" (as far as I can tell) movie genres that have come out this year that combine action with romantic comedy. I was actually expecting to be disappointed, as I was in the mood for a good action film and there did not seem to be any available. I'm quite happy to say that I was, in fact, not at all disappointed!

This movie managed to successfully interweave not only the above mentioned romance, comedy and action, but there was even a little bit of suspenseful mystery. Just a tad, but it was there.

Now, I'm not sure if the fact that I was expecting nothing is what made it so surprisingly good. So don't become irate with me if you watch it expecting some Matrix style action. You're not getting any of that. :) But it was a great blend and I was pleased with the ending.

So, this is will be one of the many movies that get a good rating from me. I point this out because the first movie I ever rated was given such a horrible review. This is hugely ironic because most of the time when people ask me what I think of a movie, I say it was good and/or I liked it and have nothing else to say on the matter. I suppose from that perspective, this entire blog is a bit of an oddity coming from me, eh?

Aeslabelle's Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment