Friday, August 20, 2010

"Bullet" by Laurell K. Hamilton

I'm hesitant to post book reviews because I absolutely do not wish to discourage authors (most especially my favorite authors) from writing via any criticism (constructive or otherwise). But since reading books is about all I've been doing worth posting about lately..... (I tend to forget to take pictures while cooking until I'm like at least a third into the process, which doesn't help for step by step blogging :P)... .. and yes, that is how I chose to end that sentence... and this one... lol

"Bullet" is the most recent book in the Anita Blake series. I'm going to make this a very brief review overall because I don't wish to give away any spoilers and for the reasons stated in the above paragraph. So very simply:

Pros:

* I enjoy reading about Anita growing more powerful, always.
* Some characters have undergone changes which I find most pleasing.
* A fairly decent bit of action.
* A surprising amount of character development (see bullet #2). :D

Cons:

* No great mystery solving in this one, which is what initially drew me into the series.
* Still lots of sex, which has come to be expected thanks to Anita's inherited powers from Jean Claude (OK I lied, some spoilers I guess if you are new to the series).

Overall I liked Skin Trade better, but this book was still enjoyable. However, as always, I'm biased. :D

Aeslabelle's Grade: A-/B+

No comments:

Post a Comment